Apple crisp is a bit like a cosy apple crumble, but it’s made using oats instead of flour.
A popular pudding in America, Instagram baker @cakeontherun has given the humble dish a quick and easy twist by making it in a mug.
Cooked in the microwave in just one minute, the recipe is so simple, anyone can give it a go.
For lots more healthy food inspiration, visit our recipe page.
Plus it is suitable for vegans and anyone who follows a gluten free diet if gluten free oats are used.
We’ve cheated by using chunky apple sauce from a jar to save even more time when you’re craving a sweet snack.
If you love quick and easy recipes, sign up to the Bake On Bake Off newsletter.
It’s free and you’ll receive an email straight to your inbox twice a week.
You don’t need any fancy ingredients or equipment, plus some bakes can be cooked in a microwave in under a minute.
Many of the recipes are healthy, vegan friendly and gluten free.
Plus there will be plenty of gossip and reaction from The Great British Bake Off when it’s on our TV screens.
It takes seconds to sign up – simply press here, enter your email address and follow the instructions.
Changed your mind? There’s an ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of every newsletter we send out.
*Healthier *Quick *Easy *Vegan *Gluten free *Nut free *Child friendly *Single serve
Apple crisp recipe (serves 1)
- 2-3 heaped tbsp oats, blended to a flour
- 2 heaped tbsp oats
- 1 heaped tsp reduced fat margarine (or any margarine)
- Pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tbsp syrup of choice
- 3 heaped tbsp apple sauce/puree
- Put all of the ingredients except the apple into a mug and mix so it becomes a crumble.
- Put the apple puree into the bottom of another mug and then top with the crumble mixture.
- Microwave on high for one minute.
- That’s it! Serve with vanilla yoghurt to keep it healthy.
Want to make a bigger portion?
Simply increase the ingredients per person and microwave in a large bowl. You’ll want to cook it for a few minutes extra too.
If you don’t have a microwave, you can bake it in the oven.
Put the mixture into an oven-safe dish and cook for 10 minutes.