Smoothie bowls have become the latest trendy breakfast option as a result of the recent sunny spell.
Foodies have been posting pictures of their healthy dishes on social media, with a staggering 2.7 million posts with the hashtag #smoothiebowl on Instagram.
Consisting mainly of fruit, the flavour combinations are endless as are the colourful decorations on top.
If you fancy giving it a go for the first time, Instagrammer @cakeontherun has shared her quick and easy smoothie bowl recipe using banana and oats.
You can use fresh or frozen fruit, and it can easily be made vegan if you choose a non-dairy milk such as coconut, oat or almond.
For lots more healthy food inspiration, visit our dedicated recipe page.
*Gluten free *Vegan option *Healthy *Low fat *Low sugar *Single serve *Quick *Easy
If you love quick and easy recipes, sign up to the Bake On Bake Off newsletter.
Packed with deliciously simple ideas everyone can try, it’s free and you’ll receive an email straight to your inbox twice a week.
You don’t need any fancy ingredients or equipment, plus some bakes can be cooked in a microwave in under a minute.
Many of the recipes are healthy, vegan friendly and gluten free, offering a little something for everyone.
Plus there will be plenty of gossip and reaction from The Great British Bake Off when it’s on our TV screens.
It takes seconds to sign up – simply press here, enter your email address and follow the instructions.
Changed your mind? There’s an ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of every newsletter we send out.
Smoothie bowl recipe (serves 1)
- 30g oats
- 1 banana
- 150ml cold milk
- Handful blueberries
- A few ice cubes (optional)
- Put everything into a blender, pulse until smooth and creamy then pour into a bowl.
- Decorate with extra fruit, a dollop of nut butter if you fancy and a sprinkle of oats to make it look pretty.
TOP TIP – If you’ve got frozen banana and frozen blueberries use them. If not, add a few ice cubes instead to make the mixture thick and chilled.
Other superb smoothie bowl flavour combinations
- Strawberries, banana and vanilla yoghurt
- Peach, banana and orange juice
- Pineapple, banana and coconut milk
- Apple juice, banana and blackberries
- Peanut butter, banana and cocoa powder
- Blueberries, spinach and pineapple
- Mango, banana and coconut water